Friday, June 3, 2011

WAGS and CVS

Quick reference:
RR: Register Reward (Walgreens, aka. WAGS)
ECB: Extra Care Bucks (CVS)


I lumped these together because they work very similarly :) 

WAGS
One thing I love about Walgreens is their Sunday papers are $.98, as opposed to $1.50 everywhere else. Then on Sunday, I find what the RR's are, and sometimes use them towards my papers! Sometimes my papers end up free, which is always a good thing :)

Walgreens, in my personal opinion, is the easiest drugstore to *work* with coupons and deals. This could also be because I worked there when I was learning to coupon, so it was the first "system" I learned :) So how RR works is you buy an item, and you will get a RR print out of the coupon printer at the end of your transaction. So when you see the ad and it says "It's like paying $$$", it basically means that if you subtract the amount of the RR you will get back, that's essentially what you paid for the item. You can still use coupons on the purchase as well. You may not use the same RR on the item you originally earned it on in a different transaction. Well, you can, but you will not get the RR print out. And a RR is a manu. coupon, so if you are using the RR on another transaction and have a manu coupon for the item you are buying, you will need to add a filler item because you can only have one manu per item. *whew*...That's a lot, I know. It took me forever to write it. It's just kind of hard to explain. So I will be true to form and use ExAmPlEs!! :)
These are a few from this week's ad

Icy Hot Naturals .5 oz $.99, RR back for $.99

Buy:
(1) Icy Hot Naturals @$.99
Use:
(1) -$1 off any Icy Hot product

OOP: $0
RR back: $1 (RR's round up FYI ) MONEYMAKER!
So you make $1 on each one. You can't purchase another Icy Hot and use the RR on it if you want another RR to print out for the $1. But, if you didn't have anything else to buy and didn't want to have any extra RR, you could buy another one and use the RR on it to get it for free :)

Listerine kids rinse $2.99, RR back for $2

Buy:
(1) Listerine Kids rinse @$2.99
Use:
(1)-$1 off Listerine Kids product (internet printable)

OOP: $1.99
RR back: $2, making it FREE!

Does this make sense? I hope so, but if it doesn't, ask me!!

CVS

I don't go to CVS every week, but if there are some good deals, I will go take a trip. The work similar to RR, but they are linked to your Extra Care Card, and there are set limits on how many ECB for an item you can purchase. The part that is cool about this is it could cut down on your difference transactions at the register. If there is an item that has a limit of 2, then you can purchase both in the same transaction, and get both ECBs at the end of the transaction. You can also buy one, get the ECB back, but another one, and still get the ECB at the end. Pretty much everything else, works just like the RR. You can use coupons along with the deals, just like RR, and get some items for really great prices! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment